Re: [genome-mirror]

Message has been deleted

Matthew Speir

Aug 28, 2014, 5:46:12 PM8/28/14
to Maxim Ivanov, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Ivanov,

Thank you for your question about the bigWigToWig utility. Unfortunately, we don't have a binary available for i686 systems, nor could I find an online alternative. It does look like the Galaxy team (https://usegalaxy.org/) is looking into creating a web-based wrapper for the utility, but it's not available at this time, http://user.list.galaxyproject.org/bigWig-to-wig-conversion-td4656420.html. At the moment, I think that your best option would be to create an x86/amd64 virtual machine, and run the bigWigToWig utility from within that virtual machine. An easy way to do this would be to download Ubuntu, the VirtualBox software (https://www.virtualbox.org/), the Linux x86 version of the bigWigToWig utility (http://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/admin/exe/linux.x86_64/) and then run the utility from within the Ubuntu virtual machine.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

On 8/27/14, 5:22 PM, Maxim Ivanov wrote:
Dear Sir/Madam

I need to use bigWigToWig software but unfortunately i have i686 (LINUX) archtecture and on UCSC ftp there are only compiled for amd64 version. I've tried to compile it for my PC on my own, but unfortunately failed. So I wonder is there bigWigToWig software version for i686 architecure or any possibilities to convert bigwig files to wig online or somehow?

--
P.S. Sorry for mistakes.

looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,