hg38.fa

Rafał Jopek

Dec 13, 2017, 2:22:15 PM12/13/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

I'm a novice programmer I write in C and other languages

I wrote my own application to open large files and can open the file hg38.fa without problems.

my question, I do not know about genetics:
how to read this data which I have posted below.
there is some instruction for this.
which represent the individual characters.

I want to try to write my own program to read this data.
the program can be downloaded from Github.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
taaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaacccta
accctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaac
cctaacccaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaacccc
taaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaacctaaccctaaccctaaccctaa
ccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaacccctaaccctaaccctaaa
ccctaaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccccaaccccaac
cccaaccccaaccccaaccccaaccctaacccctaaccctaaccctaacc
ctaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaacccctaacccc
taaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaaccctaacccctaaccct
aaccctaaccctaaccctcgcggtaccctcagccggcccgcccgcccggg
tctgacctgaggagaactgtgctccgccttcagagtaccaccgaaatctg
tgcagaggacaacgcagctccgccctcgcggtgctctccgggtctgtgct
gaggagaacgcaactccgccgttgcaaaggcgcgccgcgccggcgcaggc
gcagagaggcgcgccgcgccggcgcaggcgcagagaggcgcgccgcgccg
gcgcaggcgcagagaggcgcgccgcgccggcgcaggcgcagagaggcgcg
ccgcgccggcgcaggcgcagagaggcgcgccgcgccggcgcaggcgcaga
cacatgctagcgcgtcggggtggaggcgtggcgcaggcgcagagaggcgc
gccgcgccggcgcaggcgcagagacacatgctaccgcgtccaggggtgga
ggcgtggcgcaggcgcagagaggcgcaccgcgccggcgcaggcgcagaga
cacatgctagcgcgtccaggggtggaggcgtggcgcaggcgcagagacgc
aagcctacgggcgggggttgggggggcgtgtgttgcaggagcaaagtcgc
acggcgccgggctggggcggggggagggtggcgccgtgcacgcgcagaaa

Kind regards,
- Rafał

Hiram Clawson

Dec 13, 2017, 2:23:59 PM12/13/17
to Rafał Jopek, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Christopher Lee

Dec 14, 2017, 7:00:34 PM12/14/17
to Rafał Jopek, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Rafał,

Thank you for your question about the hg38.fa file. If you are ever
wondering about any data file formats found at UCSC you can consult
our File Formats FAQ page, which lists and describes all formats
supported at UCSC:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html

Since you are new the Genome Browser, you may also find the following
page useful:
http://genome.ucsc.edu/training/index.html

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.