Custom genome database for GBiB ?

Jelena Telenius

Oct 23, 2017, 11:15:06 AM10/23/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi UCSC mirror and GBiB experts !

We are setting up a private browsing environment
for investigating mutations in Humans (and mice),

and thus need the genomes and the aligned data to be private.

It is a research group (multi-user), and we will have multiple genomes we want to add as new assemblies.

Can new assemblies to be added into GBiB (other than as assembly hubs) ?

Can GBiB be used as multi-user software (one instance to serve multiple users) ?
( We already have it running in a cluster via tunneling, but are wondering if there are some side effects, when multiple users use it at the same time )

We have also thought about a minimal install UCSC mirror, into which we could add our custom genomes,
but as GBiB would be much easier to maintenance, we would rather like to have GBiB,
if it is possible ..

All the best

Jelena

--
Jelena Telenius, PhD
bioinformatician

Genome Biology Group
MRC Department of Molecular Haematology
Weatherall Institute Of Molecular Medicine
Oxford, OX3 9DS
United Kingdom

jelena....@gmail.com
p. +44 79759 23522 (British number)
p. +358 50 539 5225 (Finnish number)

Christopher Lee

Oct 27, 2017, 10:36:27 AM10/27/17
to Jelena Telenius, genome-mirror
Hi Jelena,

Thank you for your questions about the GBiB. The GBiB should function in multi-user mode just fine as explained here:

Additionally, you should be able to load custom genomes just fine as well, here are some steps for loading a custom genome:

Please let us know if you run into any issues or have any other questions!

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If
you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a
publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data,
you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute

--