unable to log into session/wiki account

dv...@bio.fsu.edu

Mar 19, 2015, 12:18:28 PM3/19/15
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

When I try to log into an account on my mirror, It briefly gives me a login successful transition page then redirects back to the session page in a non-logged-in state.

http://greenomebrowser.com/cgi-bin/hgSession

I've tried recompiling the entire source tree and redownloading the htmldocs and cgi-bin directories with no success.

Any help resolving this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Matthew Speir

Mar 19, 2015, 3:27:08 PM3/19/15
to dv...@bio.fsu.edu, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your question about setting up the login feature for your
Genome Browser mirror site. First off, you may want to double-check your
hg.conf settings for hgLogin to make sure they are correct. You can
refer to this GenomeWiki page for more information:
http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Enabling_hgLogin. Some of our
engineers also noted that your site at http://greenomebrowser.com/
connects to a login server at http://leopold.iplantcollaborative.org/.
They stated that your login server needs to be in the same domain as
your mirror.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are
archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question
includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group

dv...@bio.fsu.edu

Mar 19, 2015, 5:34:07 PM3/19/15
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Switching the hgLogin setting in hg.conf seemed to have worked.

Thanks very much.

Dan