GB install

Abhi Basu

Feb 20, 2015, 6:59:07 PM2/20/15
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi:

I have already downloaded and created the MySQL db. Looking to install the web app so that some of our researchers can search against the db locally. What are the minimum components required for that? I have downloaded the source code but instructions are not comprehensive or does not describe what each tool does.

Thanks,

Abhi

--
Abhi Basu

Hiram Clawson

Feb 20, 2015, 7:04:13 PM2/20/15
to Abhi Basu, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good Afternoon Abhi:

The instructions for installing the genome browser locally are in
the source tree directory: src/product/
in the README.* files. You will want to read each of these README
files as they address different aspects of the install procedure.
There are scripts in src/product/scripts/ to help with the installation
of the files necessary to operate the genome browser locally. There
is a src/product/scripts/README file you will also want to read.

Please advise if you find errors in the README files, we do like
to keep them corrected.

--Hiram