GBIB hdb/largeFileHandle error

Jinpeng, Liu

Jun 1, 2016, 1:58:00 PM6/1/16
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello,

I'm using GBIB to share results with investigators. I set up the VM following the instructions here. https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenpath/help/gbib.html#SharingGBIB
It worked well initially, but recently an error occurs when accesses remotely.
---error message---
hdb/largeFileHandle: Couldn't open external file http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/gbdb/genbank/./data/processed/genbank.202.0/full/mrna.fa

I tried to update gbib with updateBrowser force, but it does not work.
Do you know what't the cause and how to solve it?
Thank you very much!
Jin

Matthew Speir

Jun 6, 2016, 12:33:37 PM6/6/16
to Jinpeng, Liu, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Jin,

Thank you for your questions about errors in your GBiB.

Are you still experiencing these errors? If so, could you try updating
your GBiB by typing the command "updateBrowser" in the GBiB command
prompt? We believe that this issue was caused by some data on our
download server being out-of-sync with the software in the GBiB.

This sync issue should be resolved now, please let us know if you
continue to experience problems.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are
archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question
includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group