Can't open /gbdb/mm9/mm9.2bit to read: Permission denied

程 维晟

Feb 26, 2018, 12:20:59 PM2/26/18
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear sir:

I have some problems that need your help. When I zoom in to the base level, it show Can't open /gbdb/mm9/mm9.2bit to read: Permission denied.

But in our server the attribute of folder is drwxr-xr-x. 19 apache apache 4.0K Feb 13 04:39 mm9. How can I fix it.

I look forward to your reply, so your early response will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Weisheng Cheng

Zhongshan School of Medicine

Sun Yat-sen University

Room 418 of Science and Technology building

No. 74, Zhongshan 2nd Road

Guangzhou, P.R.China

Zip 510080

Tel: 86-18127924231

E-mail: cws...@hotmail.com

发送自 Windows 10 邮件应用

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Mar 2, 2018, 2:25:41 PM3/2/18
to 程 维晟, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Weisheng,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your inquiry.

The issue may be due to permissions given to the mm9.2bit file. Although you can open and read the contents of a folder on your server, the genome browser may not have permission to read a file within the folder. Please try editing the 2bit file so you give 'others' permission to read the file.

chmod o+r mm9.2bit

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: http://bit.ly/ucscTraining

--

---