Error on home - page amd genome - page (with pictures)

Claes Matthias

May 23, 2017, 11:09:09 AM5/23/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, Audrey Michel

Dear,

I'm mirroring your genome browser site by using following commands (from https://groups.google.com/a/soe.ucsc.edu/forum/#!search/v348/genome-mirror/6NvWNTZGZPM/bkbL2uH-AwAJ):

rsync -avP rsync://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/ ${WEBROOT}/cgi-bin/
and
rsync -avP rsync://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/htdocs/ ${WEBROOT}/cgi-bin/

Does anybody have any idea what may cause these errors?

And if it will have any influence on the working of the mirrored site?

Greatly appreciated if someone could help me with my problem.

Kind regards,

Matthias Claes

home_error.png
help_error.png

Chris Villarreal

May 24, 2017, 2:46:23 PM5/24/17
to Claes Matthias, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, Audrey Michel
Dear Matthias,

Thank you for your question about the UCSC Genome Browser. It appears you have an error with your r-sync command: rsync -avP rsync://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/htdocs/ ${WEBROOT}/cgi-bin/ "cgi-bin" should be "htdocs" here.

rsync -avP rsync://hgdownload.soe.ucsc.edu/htdocs/ ${WEBROOT}/htdocs/

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

--

---

Chris Villarreal

May 26, 2017, 11:06:46 AM5/26/17
to Claes Matthias, Genome Mirror

Dear Matthias Claes,

You may have a problem with your hg.conf. First, make sure the files in your hg.conf are in the right place:
grep 'hgGateway.dbDbTaxonomy' /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/hg.conf

Which should return hgGateway.dbDbTaxonomy=../js/dbDbTaxonomy.js. If this is not the case make the change in your hg.conf. Here is a similar Mailing List question, you will want to look at step number two. If this does not fix the problem please let us know and we can troubleshoot further.

You may find it easier to use our GBiC script (Genome Browser in the Cloud) from the "Genome Store.": https://genome-store.ucsc.edu/ Here is a help "page": https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenpath/help/gbic.html you may find useful.