Problem with loading of bigwig tracks through European mirror; the same tracks load through American mirror

Michal Gdula

Mar 14, 2017, 10:50:56 AM3/14/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear UCSC team,

Since recently (less than 2 weeks) bigwig tracks loaded through european ucsc server can't be opened, although exactly the same tracks load without any problems through American mirror. I am getting following message:

"TCP non-blocking connect() to nasmythserver1.bioch.ox.ac.uk timed-out in select() after 10000 milliseconds - Cancelling! Couldn't open http://nasmythserver1.bioch.ox.ac.uk/UCSC/michal...@bioch.ox.ac.uk//GendrelNPC/NPC_XX_G4_200bpGendrel_gen1Both.bw"

the track example:

"track type=bigWig name="NXX_G4BG1" description="NPC_XX_G4_200bpGendrel_gen1 B" bigDataUrl=http://nasmythserver1.bioch.ox.ac.uk/UCSC/michal...@bioch.ox.ac.uk//GendrelNPC/NPC_XX_G4_200bpGendrel_gen1Both.bw visibility=full color=0,150,0 autoScale=on alwaysZero=on gridDefault=on  graphType=bar windowingFunction=mean"

Before everything worked flawless. Is this issue caused by some recent changes in European mirror or rather by changes within my university network? Either way European and American mirror  seem to work in different way - what is thh source of this difference? Moving entirely to American server would be problematic for me as it would require to transfer manually all my bedgraph and bed files.

I would be grateful for any suggestion.

Best wishes,

Michal

Michal Gdula, PhD
Department of Biochemistry
Oxford University

Chris Villarreal

Mar 14, 2017, 4:07:08 PM3/14/17
to Michal Gdula, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Michal Gdula,

Thank you for your question about the UCSC Genome Browser. It appears your institution has only made your files accessible from our development server (hgwdev). Please ask your institution to make the files accessible from the Euro mirror.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

-Chris V
UCSC Genome Browser

"TCP non-blocking connect() to nasmythserver1.bioch.ox.ac.uk timed-out in select() after 10000 milliseconds - Cancelling! Couldn't open http://nasmythserver1.bioch.ox.ac.uk/UCSC/michal.gdula@bioch.ox.ac.uk//GendrelNPC/NPC_XX_G4_200bpGendrel_gen1Both.bw"

--

---