track controls

Belinda M. Giardine

Feb 12, 2016, 12:19:36 PM2/12/16
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
On our mirror we have a composite track with 2 views both are type bigWig
but I put them as 2 views so that we could control the sets of tracks
separately. But every time we set the controls in one view that tracks in
the other view are automatically set the same. We would prefer to not
have to set each track individually. These are plus and minus strand
signals in RNA-seq so they really do below together but need different
settings. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Belinda

Brian Lee

Feb 16, 2016, 3:35:21 PM2/16/16
to Belinda M. Giardine, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Dear Belinda,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and your question about changing the view of different bigWigs in a composite track in a Track Hub.

When viewing tracks in the browser you should be able to right click on bigWig tracks and click an option to change the configuration of each track's display independently by adjusting a pop-up screen.

When viewing bigWigs in a composite, you should also be able to add a subGroup option to create a view, which would enable displaying wrench icons on the Track Configuration page. If you click the wrench icon in the subTrack listing you will then be able to independently set each track's displays. Here is more information about using Views:http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/trackDb/trackDbHub.html#view

Below are some example trackDb.txt files and hubs to view where these setting have been used. This trackDb.txt has had 'subGroup1 view Views SIG=Signals' added to the parent composite track stanza and 'subGroups view=SIG' added to related children track stanzas, http://hgwdev.cse.ucsc.edu/~brianlee/hubTesting/testMLQ16815/hg19/trackDb.txt, and here is a link to load the hub to see the wrench icons that will open a configuration option for each subtract: http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg19&g=hub_80029_composite1&hubUrl=http://hgwdev.cse.ucsc.edu/~brianlee/hubTesting/testMLQ16815/hub.txt

Here is another version with two view subGroups (SIG and BCK) with additional view stanzas,http://hgwdev.cse.ucsc.edu/~brianlee/hubTesting/testMLQ16815copy/hg19/trackDb.txt, and here is a link to load the hub to see the wrench icons that will open a configuration option for each subtract, along with selections to collectively adjust all simultaneously (the 'viewUi on' line): http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg19&g=hub_80037_composite1&hubUrl=http://hgwdev.cse.ucsc.edu/~brianlee/hubTesting/testMLQ16815copy/hub.txt

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any further questions, please reply toge...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Brian Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute