Request for help: Track type is not known to multi-view composites. type is: 9

Audrey Michel

Oct 1, 2015, 12:19:36 PM10/1/15
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
If anyone has any ideas on the error warning "Track type is not known to multi-view composites. type is: 9", I'd be very grateful to hear from them (see details in previous email).

Thanks,
Audrey

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Audrey Michel <audrey...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

We have a partial mirror of the UCSC Genome Browser for which I wish to incorporate the RIKEN CAGE Loc data for hg19.

I copied the wgEncodeRikenCage* entries in trackDb from the version of 21-Sep-2015 03:01 (hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/hg19/database/trackDb) to our own local trackDb hg19 table.

Everything appears to work fine except that there is an error/warning about "Track type is not known to multi-view composites. type is: 9" (see attached screen shot).

I tried changing the composite track settings to "type bed 9", but this did not remove the warning.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Audrey

Maximilian Haeussler

Oct 14, 2015, 9:46:11 AM10/14/15
to Audrey Michel, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Audrey,

thank you for sending more details on this problem off-list.

From the gdb trace, it looks like this is failing for a track group
wgEncodeRikenCageViewAlignments. It seems that you have not downloaded
these alignments. If you import a trackDb.ra file with hgTrackDb into
your mysql database (see
http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Local_tracks_at_mirror_sites),
then missing tracks are automatically skipped and some basic error
checking is done.
If you import the SQL tables as you did instead of using the hgTrackDb
loader tool, these checks are skipped and this most likely leads to
this strange error message.

#0 warn (
format=format@entry=0x534888 "Track type is not known to
multi-view composites. type is: %d ") at errAbort.c:90
#1 0x0000000000443b91 in cfgByCfgType (cType=cfgBam,
db=db@entry=0xaa78c0 "hg19",
cart=cart@entry=0xa80780, tdb=0xba9820, prefix=0xb590d0
"wgEncodeRikenCageViewAlignments",
title=0xd7a1f4 "Alignments", boxed=boxed@entry=1) at hui.c:3995
#2 0x0000000000444111 in hCompositeDisplayViewDropDowns
(db=db@entry=0xaa78c0 "hg19",
cart=cart@entry=0xa80780, parentTdb=parentTdb@entry=0xb599a0) at hui.c:6863
#3 0x000000000044428d in hCompositeUi (db=0xaa78c0 "hg19", cart=0xa80780,
tdb=tdb@entry=0xb599a0, primarySubtrack=primarySubtrack@entry=0x0,
fakeSubmit=fakeSubmit@entry=0x0, formName=formName@entry=0x520dc2
"mainForm") at hui.c:7770

I can't look at your mysql tables, but you may want to check if any
data table related to wgEncodeRikenCageViewAlignments is missing on
your server.

I hope this solves the problem and let us know if you still have
trouble with this hgTrackUi page.

cheers
Max

Hiram Clawson

Oct 14, 2015, 10:41:16 AM10/14/15
to Maximilian Haeussler, Audrey Michel, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
There should be errors in the apache error_log indicating
the missing tables.