Question about the source code of genome browser

xiongyichun

Jan 27, 2016, 11:22:13 AM1/27/16
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
    Excuse me, dear developers of ucsc. I have been using UCSC for years, and It's so cool and convenient for our research.  Recently, I'm thinking to develop a database and want to implement the Genome Browser in my website. Then I think of yours and download the source code of Genome Browser at http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/admin/jksrc.zip. I get the folder named "kent" with code in it. But I only find the code of server side, and not have  code of client side like javascript, html or others which is very important for creating the view.
    I also find the url of genome browser is http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTracks which contains "cgi-bin". Then I suspect you develop the UCSC Genome Browser and create the source of client side in server side.
    Could you explain it or provide the source code of client side to me? If the client source is in the "kent", could you tell me the path of the folder? Because there are so many code you have developed, I don't know where to start.   I appreciate your generous help.

Best,
And happy new year

Matthew Speir

Jan 29, 2016, 11:18:57 AM1/29/16
to xiongyichun, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Xiongyichun,

Thank you for your questions about the UCSC Genome Browser source code.

Could you provide us with more information as to what you need a mirror of the Genome Browser for? It may be the case that what you are trying to do can be accomplished without going through the process of setting up and maintaining a mirror.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group