question: apparent mismatch between mysql.h used to compile jksql.c and libmysqlclient

Feizhen Wu

Jun 20, 2016, 10:55:47 AM6/20/16
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I am building a mirror of the UCSC website. When I tried to link mysql,
I got an error,

"apparent mismatch between mysql.h used to compile jksql.c and
libmysqlclient"

Could you tell me where the problem is? Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

FZ wu

Christopher Lee

Jun 22, 2016, 4:50:47 PM6/22/16
to Feizhen Wu, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi FZ,

Thank you for your question about linking MySQL in your mirror.

Can you provide a little more information about your problem?

What OS are you trying to install this mirror on (Can you paste the output of the
uname -a command?), and what version of MySQL are you running? Did you see this error
while running one of our CGI's or utilities? If so, which one?

One of our engineers notes that it is odd that you would find this error at link time,
as the code would need to be running in order to produce this error. Can you please
give us some idea of the steps you took that resulted in this error?

Thank you again for your inquiry and using the UCSC Genome Browser. If you have any
further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address
are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you
may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Christopher Lee
UCSC Genomics Institute