hgLoadMaf zoom in error

Farre Belmonte, Marta

Aug 4, 2014, 11:18:05 AM8/4/14
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I’m trying to upload maf files to my mirror site. I’m doing this:
[mfbelmonte@login1(rvchpc1)]$ hgLoadMaf bosTau6 cetaRum_maf -loadFile=all_cetaRum.maf
Indexing and tabulating ./all_cetaRum.maf
Loaded 13038345 mafs in 1 files from

And then the summary, by doing this:
[mfbelmonte@login1(rvchpc1)]$ hgLoadMafSummary bosTau6 mafSummary all_cetaRum.maf
Indexing and tabulating all_cetaRum.maf
Created 3037065 summary blocks from 91521867 components and 13038345 mafs from all_cetaRum.maf

I updated the trackDb.ra by adding this track information, as following:
track cetaRum_maf
shortLabel MAF_cetaRum
longLabel Multiple alignments cetaRum 31st July 2014
group cne_repeats
priority 99
visibility full
color 160,160,160
altcolor 160,160,160
type wigMaf 0.0 1.0
speciesOrder species1 species2 species3
summary mafSummary

Everything looks fine when zoom out in dense and full mode, but when I try to zoom in I get this error in the browser:

  • External file ./all_cetaRum.maf cannot be opened or has wrong size. Old size 31493581798, new size -1, error No such file or directory

Could you please assist?

Thanks,
Marta

RVC Logo - link to RVC Website    Twitter icon - link to RVC (Official) Twitter    Facebook icon - link to RVC (Official) Facebook    YouTube icon - link to RVC YouTube    Pinterest icon - link to RVC Pinterest    Instagram icon - link to RVC Instagram

This message, together with any attachments, is intended for the stated addressee(s) only and may contain privileged or confidential information. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal Veterinary College (RVC). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Unless stated expressly in this email, this email does not create, form part of, or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Email communication cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, we do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Communication with us by email will be taken as acceptance of the risks inherent in doing so.

Hiram Clawson

Aug 4, 2014, 11:57:17 AM8/4/14
to Farre Belmonte, Marta, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good Morning Marta:

Your maf file needs to appear in /gbdb/bosTau6/...

For example, in the directory where you built the maf file, symlink it to
the table name directory: '/gbdb/bosTau6/cetaRum'

$ mkdir /gbdb/bosTau6/cetaRum
$ ln -s `pwd`/all_cetaRum.maf /gbdb/bosTau6/cetaRum/

Then, loading any maf files from that directory:

$ hgLoadMaf bosTau5 cetaRum

The name of your table is now 'cetaRum', use this name in your 'track'
line of the trackDb.ra file.

To see the file path loaded for this file:

$ hgsql -e 'select * from extFile;' bosTau6 | grep cetaRum

Note examples of loading maf files in our documents, for example:
http://genome-source.cse.ucsc.edu/gitweb/?p=kent.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/hg/makeDb/doc/hg38.txt

Look for the 'hgLoadMaf' commands.

--Hiram