Installation problems

Kate Zelaya

Jun 5, 2017, 4:05:53 PM6/5/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello :)

My name is Kathelyn Zelaya and I have been trying to install the genome browser for about 3 weeks. I am having trouble finding/following installation instructions on the genome browser. I have tried following many of them, and just can't seem to do it.

For example:

Is there any video available to make this less complicated?

One issue is that in my cgi-bin directory, it is empty but I believe hg.conf is supposed to  be in there?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you :)

Kathelyn

Luvina Guruvadoo

Jun 13, 2017, 2:16:00 PM6/13/17
to Kate Zelaya, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Kate,

Thank you for contacting us. We do not have a video available, but we do have a recently updated help doc on our site, http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/mirror.html, which should help you with the mirror installation.

If you have any further questions, please reply to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo