Unable to load more than 1 trackhub onto local UCSC Genome Browser

OW Jack Ling (GIS)

Apr 17, 2015, 11:45:04 AM4/17/15
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi,

                I've an issue of not able to put load 2 trackhubs onto my local UCSC Genome Browser. It will overwrite the other. However, when I load the same track hub onto a separate UCSC genome Browser, there is no such problem. I can see the 2 trackhub. Kindly please advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Jack

-------------------------------
This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person as it may be an offence under the Official Secrets Act.
-------------------------------

Jonathan Casper

Apr 21, 2015, 12:52:10 PM4/21/15
to OW Jack Ling (GIS), genome...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Jack,

Thank you for your question about track hub problems with your mirror of the UCSC Genome Browser. Having one hub overwrite the other sounds like very strange behavior. It's possible that this is due to having your mirror's cookies improperly configured, but that would only be an issue in some situations. The cookie is only used when the hgsid URL parameter is not available. Can you confirm that you still have the problem when following these steps?

1. Open your browser's gateway page.
2. Click the track hubs button.
3. Click the "My Hubs" tab and add your first hub by pasting the URL and clicking "add hub".
4. Wait for the automatic redirection back to your gateway page.
5. Click the track hubs button again.
6. Return to the "My Hubs" tab - you should now see the first hub that you connected to listed.
7. Add the second hub by pasting the URL and clicking "add hub".
8. Wait for the redirection back to the gateway page.
9. Click the track hubs button a third time.
10. Check to see if both hubs are now listed on the "My Hubs" tab.

If you are still having the problem after that, are you able to provide me with the URLs of your hubs and your mirror site? You can send them to me privately to avoid sharing them with the mailing list.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu or genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. Questions sent to those addresses will be archived in publicly-accessible forums for the benefit of other users. If your question contains sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

--
Jonathan Casper
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group