GBiB ImageMagick Sessions Thumbnail not working for me

Bert Gold

Apr 24, 2017, 11:06:58 AM4/24/17
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello UCSC colleagues,

GBiB is amazing!  Just a few hiccups.

Session URLs are super long for transmitting to others for sharing, so I am reverting to a tinyurl.com solution.  But, that's not what I am writing
about.

In saving a "public" session (not so public because the mount is on a secure intranet), I am getting this error message:

Marked session blahblahblahblahblahblah as added to gallery.
Note: A thumbnail image for this session was not created because the ImageMagick convert tool could not be found. Please contact your mirror administrator to resolve this issue, either by installing convert so that it is part of the webserver's PATH, by adding the "sessionThumbnail.convertPath" option to the mirror's hg.conf file to specify the path to that program, or by adding "sessionThumbnail.suppress=on" to the mirror's hg.conf file to suppress this warning.

So, I search my system for my hg.conf and find nothing (of course) and then I look for ImageMagick and find this:

prompt$ locate ImageMagick
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindImageMagick.cmake

Please advise,

Best,
Bert Gold, MB(ASCP)CM, Ph.D., FACMGG, CGMBS
Senior Clinical Molecular Geneticist
Natera, Inc.
201 Industrial Rd
San Carlos, California

Luvina Guruvadoo

May 8, 2017, 2:34:03 PM5/8/17
to Bert Gold, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello Bert,

Thank you for your email. Our engineers have looked into the issue and are working on a fix which will be released in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

If you have any further questions, please reply to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Regards,
Luvina

--
Luvina Guruvadoo