Reg Error not getting solved.

Vishweshwaran Sridhar

Apr 11, 2016, 11:17:08 AM4/11/16
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,
     I am getting the permission denied error in our mirror ucsc browser. I understand that its a very simple issue. I chanced the permission of the directory /gbdb/ to 777. Even then the issue is not solved.
Can you please help understand the correct permission and correct owner so that I dont get this error.

Regards
Vishwesh

Inline image 1

Matthew Speir

Apr 13, 2016, 2:05:27 PM4/13/16
to Vishweshwaran Sridhar, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi Vishwesh,

Thank you for your question about setting up a mirror of the UCSC Genome Browser.

Have you confirmed that these files exist at the specified location on your server? And that these files have the correct permissions? We use 664 for the file permissions in /gbdb directories. In addition to changing the permissions for the top-level /gbdb directory, have you confirmed that all of the subsequent directories, such as sacCer3/ and maf/, have the correct permissions as well? We use permission 775 for our /gbdb and subsequent assembly directories.

Additionally, one our engineers notes that Linux security settings could prevent files from correctly being seen. He recommends that turning off selinux could help resolve the issue.

I hope this is helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu. All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum. If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group