Re-release of SNPs (142) tracks on human hg19 and hg38 assemblies

Luvina Guruvadoo

Nov 19, 2015, 2:54:30 PM11/19/15
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hello All,

We have discovered that our tracks derived from dbSNP build 142 -- All SNPS, Common SNPs(142), Flagged SNPs(142) and Mult. SNPs(142), in the Human hg19/GRCh37 and hg38/GRCh38 databases -- contained incorrect allele frequency data for variants submitted by the 1000 Genomes Project and mapped to the reverse (-) strand of the reference assembly. In All SNPs(142), approximately 1 million (out of 115 million) variants are affected.

We are re-releasing these tracks after removing the incorrect allele frequency data from affected rows. The set of variants included in Common SNPs(142) and Flagged SNPs(142) have changed slightly because variants are assigned to those sets using allele frequency data.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, and anticipate releasing our tracks for dbSNP build 144 this fall.

Regards,
- - -
Luvina Guruvadoo
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group