[genome-announce] 20 Species Conservation Track now available on RGSC 6.0/rn6

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Mar 20, 2017, 6:37:41 PM3/20/17
to Genome Announce
We are pleased to announce the release of a new Conservation track based on the rat (RGSC 6.0/rn6) assembly. This track shows multiple alignments of 20 vertebrate species and measurements of evolutionary conservation using two methods (phastCons and phyloP) from the PHAST package for all species. The multiple alignments were generated using multiz and other tools in the UCSC/Penn State Bioinformatics comparative genomics alignment pipeline. Conserved elements identified by phastCons are also displayed in this track. For more details, visit the track description page.

We would like to thank Hiram Clawson, Chris Lee and Jairo Navarro for their efforts in creating this track.

-------

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genomics Institute