New ucsc video: View discontinuous regions together

Robert Kuhn

Jul 14, 2017, 5:16:09 PM7/14/17
to UCSC Genome Browser project announcements, Robert Kuhn

Today we release a new video showing how to use the enhanced Multi-Region display mode. This feature allows the display of any regions of the genome together on the same screen. A recent enhancement of the feature allows users to load their coordinates directly into a text box, bypassing the previous requirement to use a URL to upload coordinates.

This completes a trilogy of videos demonstrating the Multi-Region mode. Previous episodes showed how to use Exon-Only mode and how to view alternate haplotypes in their chromosomal context.

This video, like the other content in this series, is annotated in our training pages with an index showing the steps, with links directly to the corresponding places in the video. There is also a transcript.

The videos were produced at UCSC by Robert Kuhn and David Gibson. The Multi-Region engineering was by Galt Barber.

best wishes,

    --b0b kuhn

   ucsc genome bioinformatics group