New dbSNP build 150 tracks now available for hg19 and hg38

Cath Tyner

Aug 28, 2017, 5:13:27 PM8/28/17
to Genome Browser Announcements
We are pleased to announce the release of our "SNP" tracks derived from NCBI's dbSNP Human Build 150 data, available on the two most recent human assemblies, GRCh38/hg38 and GRCh37/hg19. NCBI's dbSNP database is a collection which includes a range of molecular variation, such as single nucleotide polymorphisms and small insertions/deletions (indels). This release nearly doubles the amount of
​ ​
records compared to the previous 147 release (now over 300 million for hg38, and over 200 million for hg19).

There are four SNP tracks available as part of this release:
  • All SNPs (150): containing all mappings of reference SNPs to the human assembly. The tracks below are subsets of All SNPs (150).
  • Common SNPs (150): uniquely mapped variants that appear in at least 1% of the population or are 100% non-reference.
  • Flagged SNPs (150): uniquely mapped variants, excluding Common SNPs, that have been flagged by dbSNP as "clinically associated."
  • Mult. SNPs (150): variants that have been mapped to more than one genomic location. This track has been shrinking over the course of the last few releases as dbSNP now excludes most SNPs whose flanking sequences map to multiple locations in the genome.
By default, only the Common SNPs (150) are visible in the browser; other tracks must be made visible using the track controls. All SNPs (150) tracks reside in the "Variation" group category for the hg19 and hg38 browsers.

These tracks were produced at UCSC by Angie Hinrichs and checked for quality by Cath Tyner. We'd like to thank the dbSNP group at NCBI for providing access to these data.

​Enjoy,​
Cath
. . .
Cath Tyner
UCSC Genome Browser, Software QA & User Support
UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute

UCSC Genome Browser Announcements List (email alerts for new data & software):
  * Subscribe: Email genome-announce+subscribe...@soe.ucsc.edu

Join us on Social Media! FacebookTwitter, Wordpress BlogYouTube