Public European UCSC MySQL server now available!

1 view

Matthew Speir

Oct 27, 2017, 7:14:56 PM10/27/17
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu
We are pleased to announce that a public MySQL server of UCSC Genome Browser data is now available in Europe! This should speed up programmatic access to the underlying MySQL databases for users in Europe. Connect to this new MySQL server using the command:

    mysql --user=genome --host=genome-euro-mysql.soe.ucsc.edu -A

More information about connecting to our public MySQL servers can be found on our MySQL access page.

Additionally, we have configured both the Genome Browser in a Box (GBiB) and Genome Browser in the Cloud (GBiC) to take advantage of this new server. If you are in Europe and have auto-updates enabled for your GBiB, it should automatically switch to using this new server the next time it updates. The GBiC will only auto-configure this connection when first created, otherwise, you will need to manually configure which MySQL server you want your mirror to use.

----
Matthew Speir
UCSC Genome Bioinformatics Group