new video about dbSNP resources at UCSC

Robert Kuhn

Sep 26, 2017, 8:21:40 PM9/26/17
to UCSC Genome Browser project announcements, Robert Kuhn

Announcing the release of a new addition to our YouTube channel.

Our new tutorial describes the dbSNP resources in the Genome Browser, including display conventions and the subdivision of the data into several useful subset tracks, especially the Common SNPs. There is also a discussion about changes to the genome assemblies from one version to another and of two ways to navigate between different assemblies of the human genome in the Browser.

Principal engineering on the dbSNP integration by Angie Hinrichs, quality assurance by Cath Tyner and Christopher Lee, with other contributions from the rest of the Genome Browser staff. Video production by Robert Kuhn and David Gibson.

best regards,

  --b0b kuhn

  ucsc genome bioinformatics group