How to download GTEx image from genome browser.

Shicheng Guo

Jul 26, 2021, 1:06:02 PM7/26/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Dear Sir/Madam,

I want to download GTEx figure for several genes from genome browser. However, the PNG address looks like: http://genome.ucsc.edu/trash/hgc/gtexGene_genome_2c655_ccbe80.png

How to figure out the address according to gene name?

Thanks

Shicheng

Luis Nassar

Jul 29, 2021, 8:57:12 PM7/29/21
to Shicheng Guo, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Shicheng.

Thank you for your interest in the Genome Browser.

Unfortunately the GTEx images are generated on demand then erased later. That is why the URL you provided:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/trash/hgc/gtexGene_genome_2c655_ccbe80.png

No longer works. If you have only a finite number of genes you are interested in you can save the images locally.

We have also made an internal ticket request to create stable URLs to these GTEx images, although I cannot offer any timeline for when that would be avaiable.

I hope this is helpful. Please include gen...@soe.ucsc.edu in any replies to ensure visibility by the team. All messages sent to that address are archived on our public forum. If your question includes sensitive information, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Lou Nassar
UCSC Genomics Institute