Question about auto-select

Wu, Angela

Jul 19, 2021, 4:48:16 PM7/19/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Angela, and I’m new to the genome browser. I built two different track hubs, one contains both super track and composite track, and the other one with just the composite track. For some reason the tracks in the latter hub are auto-selected, as a result, it takes a long time to load the page. Could you help me to remove the auto-select?  Please see the attached for the screenshots of the two track hubs.

Thank you,

Angela

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.15.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.16.12 PM.png

Wu, Angela

Jul 21, 2021, 8:41:52 PM7/21/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi,

I just wanted to follow up with you regarding the email I sent on Monday.

Thank you,

Angela

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.15.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.16.12 PM.png

Dan Schmelter

Jul 22, 2021, 8:23:35 PM7/22/21
to Wu, Angela, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello Angela,

Thank you for contacting the Genome Browser support team about your hubs.

Within super tracks, you can de-select each subtrack by adding the line "visibility hide" for each child track. This will de-select the checkbox and set the visibility to hide by default. You can refer to our super track documentation here:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hubQuickStartGroups.html#superTrack

It is also helpful to see the example hub trackDb and the resulting super track.:

http://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/examples/hubExamples/hubGroupings/hg19/trackDb.txt
https://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTrackUi?db=hg19&g=hub_169653_superTrack1

If things are still unclear, could you please share your track hub URL? That way we can give you specific suggestions on where to put those lines. I hope this was helpful. For further communication, please reply-all to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu. Those emails are archived in a public help forum. For private questions, you may send emails instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

All the best,

Daniel Schmelter
UCSC Genome Browser