Custom track FTP

Pedro Luiz de Castro

Jul 13, 2021, 1:02:17 PM7/13/21
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hi,

We set up an FTP server for our users here at the institute so they can upload files to use in the Genome Browser’s Custom annotation tracks.

Unfortunately it seems our configuration isn’t optimal as the sessions get filled with erros from udc that can’t read bytes:

and ftp trying to fetch more bytes:

We’d like to troubleshoot this, but we’re not really sure how we can go about this.

Any assistance you could provide, will help us greatly.

Thanks in advance,

Pedro Luiz de Castro

IT Support & System Administrator
Information Systems

iMM_JLA_horizontal_RGB_cor_positivo

Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa
Avenida Professor Egas Moniz, 1649​-​028, Lisboa, Portugal
iMM Lisboa general contact (+​351) ​217 ​999 ​411 - ext: 47356

imm.medicina.ulisboa.pt

Jairo Navarro Gonzalez

Jul 15, 2021, 7:55:31 PM7/15/21
to Pedro Luiz de Castro, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello,

Thank you for using the UCSC Genome Browser and sending your inquiry.

To help debug your issues, could you send us the URL to one of the files? If the file contains sensitive
information, you can send the link directly to me or to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu. Could you also
send the output of the command:

curl -I [URL_to_file]

Make sure the server where the files are hosted accepts byte-range requests. You can learn more about
hosting on the following help page, https://genome.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/help/hgTrackHubHelp.html#Hosting.

I look forward to your reply. If you have any further questions, please reply to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly accessible Google Groups forum.
If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

Jairo Navarro
UCSC Genome Browser

Want to share the Browser with colleagues?
Host a workshop: https://bit.ly/ucscTraining