Questions about repeat masker track

Yunjiang Qiu

Jan 16, 2015, 12:15:22 PM1/16/15
to gen...@soe.ucsc.edu
Hi,

I have a hard time understanding the meaning of each column in repeat masker from table browser. For example, what exactly does ‘Start (if strand is +) or -#bases after match (if strand is -) in repeat sequence’ mean? Is there any place I can find a detailed description?

Thank you!

Best,
Yunjiang

Steve Heitner

Jan 16, 2015, 6:28:46 PM1/16/15
to Yunjiang Qiu, gen...@soe.ucsc.edu

Hello, Yunjiang.

There is additional information at the RepeatMasker site at http://repeatmasker.org/webrepeatmaskerhelp.html#reading.  The main RepeatMasker documentation page is at http://repeatmasker.org/webrepeatmaskerhelp.html.  If you still have question, you may also want to consider contacting RepeatMasker at http://repeatmasker.org/cgi-bin/form2mail?template=feedback.tmpl&title=Feedback Form.

Please contact us again at gen...@soe.ucsc.edu if you have any further questions.
All messages sent to that address are archived on a publicly-accessible Google Groups forum.  If your question includes sensitive data, you may send it instead to genom...@soe.ucsc.edu.

---
Steve Heitner