Re: [Genome-mirror] Genome-mirror Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

Ross Lazarus

Mar 19, 2007, 11:47:55 AM3/19/07
to genome...@soe.ucsc.edu, Angie Hinrichs, ross.l...@channing.harvard.edu
For mirror owners wanting to use local sessions and live life on the bleeding
edge at the same time, I have cobbled together a cookie creating python CGI
script that allows a user to authenticate against an LDAP server and sets
cookies that a local UCSC mirror can be told to use for sessions by appropriate
munging of hg.conf

Not yet able to store and retrieve the right hgsid mapping so although it will
authenticate you into a session, it will not return you to the session you were
working on last time - a major goal not yet achieved!

I need to figure out how the hgsid is actually negotiated - I'm currently just
returning the ldap userid and that's definitely not what we need - the script
probably needs a table of users and real hgsid mirror session ids. Anyhoo, for
what it's worth, get it from http://genomewiki.ucsc.edu/index.php/Fubar:LDAP_auth

Comments in the code will show constants you have to adjust (like the LDAP
server) for this to be useful and it doesn't require mod_python. Seems to work
kinda sorta (TM) - use at your own risk and please let me know if you have
problems or suggestions.

--
Ross Lazarus MBBS MPH, Director of Bioinformatics
Channing Laboratory, 181 Longwood Ave., Boston MA 02115, USA.

Hiram Clawson

Mar 21, 2007, 2:29:13 PM3/21/07
to Ross Lazarus, genome...@soe.ucsc.edu
Good Morning Ross:

What is this you are working on here ? Does the session business not function
in your mirror ?

Is your mirror site public so I can peek at it ?

--Hiram