Re: Proteome Browser being retired

Brian Raney

Sep 17, 2012, 12:50:09 PM9/17/12
to genome-...@soe.ucsc.edu
We are announcing the imminent retirement of the Proteome Browser.
We introduced the Proteome Browser in 2003 to provide access to
protein-specific information independent of the genomic details
presented in the Genome Browser. Since then we've incorporated more
of this information in the UCSC Genes details page accessible from the
Genome Browser, and in the columns of the Gene Sorter. Since very few
people are still accessing the Proteome Browser, we've decided to
retire it to focus our work on these other two tools. Access to the
databases that supported the Proteome Browser (uniProt and proteome)
will still be available through the Table Browser and our public mySQL
server.

Brian Raney