[SOAFEE] HypervisorWG meeting September 25th

ff

Sep 21, 2023, 12:58:35 PM9/21/23
to t...@soafee.io
Hi

The agenda for the next hypervisor meeting (the coming Monday) is to discuss kicking off three activities:
- Finishing the hypervisor portability and device assignment/passthrough guide
- Planning the Automotive Virtual Platform Specification update
- Authoring hypervisor contribution to SOAFEE Architecture v2.0 (essentially a summary with pointers to WG documents)

I presented the attached file at today’s TSC to picture how AVPS addresses the hypervisor-workloads interface and the portability the hypervisor-{hardware, firmware} interface.

I think it would be nice that silicon/hypervisor providers focus on the portability while hypervisor providers and Tier 1s focus on AVPS.

At this stage I can kick start the Architecture contributions as it is only summary but we need to discuss the Architecture v2.0 outline.

Gitlab infrastructure is taking shape. We have a subgroup under SOAFEE with multiple projects:
- Hypervisor WG: to host governance issues and overall state
- Automotive Virtual Platform Specification (only introduction available for the moment)
- AGL on MacOS (a code project I contributed to illustrate virtio aspects)

We will keep documents in the Hypervisor WG project while we may want to have « normative » work in individual projects (such as AVPS).
TSN PoC code will be hosted as a subproject too and may be other PoC/exploratory code.
I would welcome members' projects should you want to expose them here.

Cordially,

FF

PS: I am presenting at an Accelera in-person event next Monday/Tuesday on the topic of Federated Simulation and may be a few minutes late.
Hypervisor WG - TSC update.pdf