[SOAFEE] Hypervisor group: Trustworthiness Best Practices for automotive hypervisor architectures

François Ozog

May 10, 2023, 9:48:08 AM5/10/23
to t...@soafee.io
Hi

While there is a lot of literature related to security and security in automotive (even standards like ISO 21434), there is missing concrete guidance in the case of hypervisor that would also take into account several practical use cases, business opportunities requirements, new technologies, new risks... It will be "one more document" but hopefully quite consequential.

I prefer trustworthiness over security in the title because security technologies and methodologies are just means to an end. Sometimes people forget the "intent", focus on the how and miss the key aspect to protect...

This is just an outline with what section shall contain (in green italics).

I would love we agree on the outline at next meeting (May 29th) and possibly on chapter and sections editors (responsible to get content in, not authoring the whole thing).

For that to happen, the best would be we have active discussion either via mail or directly in the document through comments. Anyone in the hypervisor team, TSC and more generally SOAFEE is welcomed to contribute.

Cordially,

François-Frédéric