[SOAFEE] Hypervisor WG meeting June 27

François Ozog

Jun 20, 2023, 12:51:54 PM6/20/23
to t...@soafee.io
Hi,

As part of the agenda, I'd like we finalise the group's charter. As per input from last time you will find below a proposal.

I haven't had enough feed back on the Trustworthiness document outline.

Please pre prepared on both topics for Monday.

Cordially,

FF

Charter:
The Hypervisor WG will assemble technical knowledge related to virtualisation for a SDV platform. The technical knowledge can take the form of best practices/patterns documents that can be used by SDV value chain, standardization or open source groups.

Scope:
The group cares about both hypervisor portability itself as well as workload portability with the SDV constraints of safety, trustworthiness and performance (which includes realtime).
Out of scope
- Confidential computing (too early in the timeline and way to much to do before)

Activities:
based on the above charter and scope, it is envisaged that the group will work on:
- Portability of the hypervisor itself
- Trustworthiness
- Booting and suspend/resume
- Workload startup organization and timing
- Workload portability (virtio, device assignment, …)
- Inter-workload high speed standardized communications
- Time sensitive workloads (including real-time)
- Hypervisor scheduling capabilities
- Full system update (from system firmware to workload images)
- Safety
- Clarify trust zone workloads and realms