{SOAFEE] TSN and container/VM update

François Ozog

Jul 19, 2023, 3:56:05 AM7/19/23
to t...@soafee.io
Hi

Next Monday during the Hypervisor WG meeting, I'll be presenting an update on TSN and containers/VMs. It will include results from technical study conducted since last TSC presentation and latests developments on generic high performance network interfaces in the form of Infrastructure Data Plane (https://lwn.net/Articles/928757/) which was announced on January 2023.

Exposing TSN interfaces to containers, VMs or containers in VM is a major challenge for automotive software. While we won't implement or drive any standard directly, we need to document automotive use case so that SOAFEE members can contribute in standards and open source projects.

Lastly, please continue voting on the WG activities voting form(the above TSN activities for hypervisor are comprised in row 14 of the spreadsheet).

Cordially,

FF