[layer5-maintainers] Fwd: [cncf-meshery-maintainers] Cloud Native Project Monthly (CNPM) Newsletter KubeCon + CloudCloudNativeCon EU 2024 Edition

Lee Calcote

Mar 14, 2024, 5:25:04ā€ÆPMMar 14
to Layer5 Maintainers

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Amye Scavarda Perrin" <asca...@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: [cncf-meshery-maintainers] Cloud Native Project Monthly (CNPM) Newsletter KubeCon + CloudCloudNativeCon EU 2024 Edition
Date: March 14, 2024 at 3:13:09ā€ÆPM CDT

CNP_MonthlyNewsletter_Horizontal
KCEU24_Cvent Email Banner_1000x200 (1)-1
    In this Edition:
    • KubeCon + CloudNativeCon, the Final Frontier
    • Project Pavilion Resources
    • Project Resources Website
    • Project Compute Resources (Reminder)
    • GitHub Copilot Availability

    šŸŒŒKubeCon + CloudNativeCon, the Final Frontier

    There will be some maintainer-focused activities at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon; be sure to check them out. Set course with your schedule. Below are a few suggested sessions:

    Tuesday, 19 March
    • Announcing Project Lightning Talks! This year, weā€™re doing an entire day of lightning talks specifically around CNCF Projects. These can be found under theĀ Project Opportunities tag on the schedule!
    Wednesday, 20 March
    Thursday, 21 March
    Friday, 22 March

    šŸ—ƒļøProject Pavilion Resources

    The Project Pavilion has been revamped! We have a new layout, quick access to caffeine, and the buildingā€™s most luxurious, comfortable break area. And itā€™s all for you! Hereā€™s some important information:
    • Jorge Castro will be doingĀ multiple daily walkthroughsĀ of the Pavilion. This is so attendees can link up with a group of people and do a ā€œtourā€ of the pavilion, similar to a zoo walkthrough.Ā
      • Do you have a coworker or boss who is attending their first KubeCon? Let Jorge know, and he can do a walkthrough with them and give them a ā€œlay of the land.ā€
      • We hope to increase foot traffic into the Pavilion with each tour, so be ready when the tour drops by your booth!
    • Staff Access - The CNCF staff will be working out of the Pavilion. This is a great time to sync your project up with CNCFĀ project services. The team is happy to discuss:
      • Getting the most out of LFX Insights with your project
      • Conformance Programs
      • Training Programs
      • Mentorship Programs
      • Technical Writing
      • Getting set up on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
      • Anything related to your booth at KubeCon
      • ā€¦ and anything else on your mind, our job is to make KubeCon work for you!

    Meet the Projects Team!

    daniel-krook
    Daniel Krook
    LFX Insights and team manager
    jorge-castro
    Jorge Castro
    Pavilion, Lightning Talks, and Conformance
    JeffSica
    Jeffrey Sica
    Project Resources & Management
    image (23)
    Christophe Sauthier
    Training Programs
    Amye
    Amye Scavarda- Perrin
    Projects and Governance
    Nate Waddington0795
    Nate Waddington
    Mentorship, Tech Writing

    šŸŒProject Resources Website

    In collaboration with TAG-Contributor-Strategy, the CNCF is adding project/maintainer-specific content underĀ https://contribute.cncf.io/resources/. This will contain helpful resources for maintainers and projects, such as how-to guides, policies, and information about the CNCF's project services.

    Over the coming months, the goal is to provide a central point for projects to come and search for information and hopefully unblock themselves with common tasks or questions. If, as a maintainer, you find a repeated task that you do, PRs are welcome! Letā€™s build out a helpful collective together and uplevel all projects!

    šŸ“… Project Compute Resources (Reminder)

    Itā€™s only been a few weeks since the last newsletter, but this is a reminder that we have new policies around project compute usage and new providers/options available to projects. Please see theĀ last newsletter for details and information, and contactĀ proj...@cncf.ioĀ with any questions.

    šŸ‘Øā€āœˆļøGitHub Copilot Availability

    We have a lot of awesome partners on our open source journey, and GitHub is one of them.

    After a community member asked about enabling Copilot support (Thanks, Deepthi Sigireddi from Vitess!), we looked into it! As a pre-KubeCon EU treat, we have enabled it for all CNCF GitHub orgs under the CNCF GitHub Enterprise account. Tentatively, we have the following limits in place:
    • Sandbox projects: 10 seats
    • Incubating projects: 30 seats
    • Graduated projects: 50 seats
    This limit is subject to change as we watch adoption. Weā€™ll let you know if that needs to happen.
      paris-kubecon-skyline
      548 Market St, PMB 57274, San Francisco, CA 94104-5401, United States

      --Ā
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email toĀ maintainers...@cncf.io.
      _._,_._,_

      Links: