Re: [cncf-smp-maintainers] LFX Insights v3 for Service Mesh Performance

Lee Calcote

Feb 14, 2024, 3:44:09 PMFeb 14
to Aaditya Subedy, Daniel Krook, cncf-smp-m...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io
Hi Daniel, thanks much for this! This is great. For my part, I’d very much like to proceed with onboarding. In fact, I’d like to request this onboarding for another CNCF project as well: Meshery. Is this something that I might ask of you here or is opening a ticket helpful / appropriate?

Hi Aaditya, I wonder if this is an initiative for Service Mesh Performance that you’d like to champion. Is it?

Regards,
Lee

On Feb 13, 2024, at 4:34 PM, Daniel Krook <dkr...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Hello maintainers,

Did you have any comments about onboarding to LFX Insights?

The only action needed on your part is to let me know if a) we are good to proceed or b) let me know you have any questions or concerns before we do that.

--

Daniel Krook
Senior Director of Developer Experience

Links:

View/Reply Online (#124) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [leeca...@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

On Feb 7, 2024, at 12:18 PM, Daniel Krook <dkr...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

Hello maintainers!

We’re happy to share that Service Mesh Performance is now eligible to onboard LFX Insights v3.

LFX Insights v3 - A deeper view into your project health
Insights provides projects with more visibility into their community dynamics, particularly around contributors, organizations, issues, and pull request metrics.

Next step - Installing a read-only app on your GitHub organization
Insights uses crowd.dev under the hood to gather read-only data about specified public repositories in a GitHub organization.

It does this through an app (similar to the DCO bot) installed at the organization level. This is then enabled for one or more repos under the organization.

Since your project is under the CNCF GitHub Enterprise account, CNCF staff can install it on behalf of your project using the Linux Foundation id right away.

The only action needed on your part is to let me know if a) we are good to proceed or b) let me know you have any questions or concerns before we do that.

After onboarding - provide feedback to improve Insights
Once onboarded, you'll see data flowing into the dashboards at the LFX Insights v3 site (the import process takes time, so it won’t be visible immediately).

Through the left nav, you can go through the Overview, Velocity, and Productivity dashboards. There is also a set of info on Contributors, Organizations, and Activities under the Reports section. All of them can be filtered by timeframe.

You can find Insights documentation here, file tickets if something doesn't look right (v3 is in beta so any reports are very helpful), and post public feedback at this forum topic.

If you have any other questions please feel free to respond on this list, contact me by email, or ping me in the CNCF Slack.

--

Daniel Krook
Senior Director of Developer Experience
Cloud Native Computing Foundation - cncf.io

_._,_._,_

Links:

View/Reply Online (#123) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [leeca...@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_

Daniel Krook

Feb 14, 2024, 4:07:09 PMFeb 14
to Lee Calcote, Aaditya Subedy, cncf-smp-m...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io
Hey Lee,

Great. I'll wait on confirmation from Aaditya then about onboarding SMP before I go ahead?

Meshery is actually one of the ones I have on my list. The one thing that needs to be done there first is to onboard the CNCF GitHub Enterprise account. I can send an invite and we can follow up offline on that one.

Lee Calcote

Feb 14, 2024, 4:15:23 PMFeb 14
to Daniel Krook, aadityanaray...@gmail.com, cncf-smp-m...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io
Hi Daniel,

Oh, that’s great news regarding Meshery. Most excellent.

Aaditya was just on one of our project meetings earlier today. He’s based in Tokyo, and will respond affirmatively tomorrow, I’m sure. To the extent that he’s unable to undertake this, another maintainer on the list might step up to do so. Should that happen not to be the case, I’m here as the fall back, though, and will certainly assist in seeing Service Mesh Performance move forward into LFX Insights.

Yes, please do proceed, if you would.

- Lee