Spring 2023 Internships Posted

Meshery

Feb 8, 2023, 5:38:22 AM2/8/23
to Layer5 Community

Spring 2023 Internships are here!

  • Meshery: Multi-user cloud native playground
  • Meshery: Distributed workflow engine
  • Meshery: Distributed client-side policy evaluation in WASM and Rego
  • Service Mesh Performance: Adaptive Load Controller II
  • CNCF TAG Network: Representing Kubernetes ontology in MeshModel

See all details

Why? Because of the warm and welcoming members and mentors of the Layer5 community. Layer5 internships are starting and stopping all the time. No matter your level of experience, your ability to code or not, there are many different projects and many different roles in the community. We will meet you where you are. Engage freely, and in whatever form you will: as a listener, user, contributor, maintainer, ambassador, or bystander. Involvement in the Meshery project in any way is warmly received.

How to best position your candidancy for internship?

Read, heed, and put the information presented in these Frequently Asked Questions into action. Our internships are career-changing. Most interns are selected after three or more months of active contributing. Our mentors donate their time and knowledge willingly and freely to candidates who have demonstrated their passion for the project, alignment of pay-it-forward mentality with the community, and engaged for their long-term success and that of the project.

Didn't get accepted? Not to worry. Here are some tips to ensure you land your internship.

We are thrilled that you want to grow your career with us and we encourage you to continue to build your skills by engaging with us in open source community and take advantage of our free training.

If your application wasn't accepted, try and try again. Internship opportunities roll around on a quarterly basis. As you set about aligning yourself for selection, understand that we seek first to support individuals who are making an impact in the Layer5 community and its projects.

So participate and do so meaningfully and consistently. Not only will you best position yourself for an internship, but you will in essence be gaining much of the same experience you would otherwise receive while in an internship. Ask any of our community members.

Find Your Foothold

✔️ Follow the first-time contributor journey map. If you are a first-time, open-source contributor, please see the Newcomer’s Guide.

✔️ Review the Layer5 Repository Overview document to get a better understanding of each project. As you familiarize yourself with the community, know that there are multiple initiatives for you to explore.

✔️ Access all of the Community's resources by completing a community Member Form. Please set your Slack workspace display name to your full name, so that it is easier to connect with other members.

✔️ Join any or all of the weekly meetings on community calendar. Some initiatives have working groups that meet at different times each week, while others use the weekly community meeting as their place of discussion. Details of each can be found on the community calendar.

✔️ Watch community meeting recordings. If you're unable to attend a meeting, know that they are available for playback anytime. Everyone is welcome to join the calls and engage with other community members over Slack, mailing list, and so on.

✔️ Connect with a Layer5 MeshMate by raising a request on the community discussion forum.

Contributing to Meshery

 Understanding Internals
Meshery and its components are written using the following languages and technologies.

COMPONENTSLANGUAGES AND TECHNOLOGIES
Meshery ServerGolang, gRPC, GraphQL, SMP
Meshery AdaptersGolang, gRPC, CloudEventsSMIOAM
Meshery WASM FiltersRust and C++
Meshery UIReactJS, NextJS, BillboardJS
Meshery Provider UIReactJS, NextJS, Material UI
Meshery Remote Providers any - must adhere to Meshery Extension Points
Meshery OperatorGolang, Operator SDK
MeshSyncGolang
BrokerGolang, NATS
Meshery DatabaseGolang, Postgres
 Contributing Guides
Meshery has a complete set of contributing guides available along with design and code conventions:
As always, if you find information missing in the documentation and in these contributing guides, help improve the experience for all contributors by curating these instructions. Simply follow the contributing guide for Meshery Docs.

Engage!

in the most
student-friendly
open source community.

NEWCOMER RESOURCES

7547690c-0a33-4f92-985a-d8109765db24.png
Copyright © 2023 Meshery Authors and Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF). All rights reserved.

Is this information not wanted? Click to unsubscribe from this list.