Service Mesh Performance Community Meeting Today

Navendu Pottekkat

Sep 30, 2021, 8:47:29 AM9/30/21
to cncf-tag-networ...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers

Hi,

Just a reminder on the Service Mesh Performance Community Meeting scheduled for today 30th September at 9 AM Central Time.

The agenda for today's meeting is given below:

  • Call for participation: Review of SMP spec, identifying areas to improve
  • Defining SMP benchmark tests
    • Details on the test cases:
      • What kind of test cases are needed?
      • When are we planning to test on the CNCF test bed and for how long?
        • What kind of servers and platforms do we have access to?
      • How will we be running the tests provided the test cases?
        • [Rudraksh] Meshery SMP GitHub Action
    • Publish definition of service mesh benchmarks
    • Performing analysis in the CNCF Labs
    • Publishing results in CNCF forum and at KubeCon
  • [Neha] Node exporter to spec diff

We will be having a session by Jakub Sobon from Google on the distributed load generation and adaptive load control capability of Nighthawk. The session is scheduled on 28th October.

Meeting details:

Meeting link: https://meet.layer5.io/smp
Meeting minutes: https://bit.ly/3B7uIy9

Please check the SMP website for more details.

Looking forward to see you all in the meeting today!

Best,

Navendu

--
Layer5 | the service mesh community