Nomination of SMP Maintainer: Xin Huang

Lee Calcote

Mar 2, 2022, 5:20:09 PM3/2/22
to Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1
All,

I hereby nominate Xin Huang to the role of Service Mesh Performance Maintainer. Xin has consistently demonstrated his ability and his willingness significantly and positively impact both our projects and individuals within our community. Being a maintainer in the SMP project and the Layer5 Community means more than being a consistent and impactful contributor, but also means being thoughtful of other community members, giving of your time with a pay it forward mentality. Like other SMP maintainers here, Xin holds my confidence as individual having the most earnest of intentions toward our mission of industry-leading projects and a community culture coveted by others’.

Xin is a Cloud Software Engineer at Intel. Performance Engineering of distributed systems, specifically Envoy and Istio is a core focus in his current role and very relevant to his efforts given to the intersection of SMP, Meshery, and Nighthawk.

I’m asking for your consideration and vote of his assignment to the role of SMP Maintainer. Xin joined the Service Mesh Performance, Nighthawk, and Meshery projects in the Fall of 2021. Xin is currently advancing SMP’s performance benchmarking efforts within the CNCF Cluster. Xin is also advancing championing the externalization of Nighthawk into the independent Meshery component, meshery-perf. Xin sat as a representative of SMP during its project hours at KubeCon China 2021 and will be a GSoC mentor for the SMP Dashboard on smp-spec.io this year.

Voting process:
  • Please respond by Wednesday, March 9th at 7am Pacific with your +1 (yea) or -1 (nay) to indicate your support of lack thereof.
  • All community members are welcome to show your support or lack thereof with a vote and any comments; e.g. "+1 NB” (for non-binding)
  • Existing maintainer votes are binding; e.g. "+1 binding"
Thanks,
- Lee

Aditya Chatterjee

Mar 2, 2022, 8:39:42 PM3/2/22
to Lee Calcote, Huang, Xin1, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev
+1 NB

- Aditya

--
Visit and engage with the Meshery community in the forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or in Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Aditya Chatterjee | Layer5

cloud native for the rest of us

Ganguli, Mrittika

Mar 2, 2022, 8:40:50 PM3/2/22
to Aditya Chatterjee, Lee Calcote, Huang, Xin1, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev

+1

--
Visit and engage with other Service Mesh Performance Community in the community forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Manish Roy

Mar 2, 2022, 9:18:14 PM3/2/22
to Lee Calcote, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1
+1 (yea)

--
Visit and engage with other Service Mesh Performance Community in the community forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Kerin Pithawala

Mar 2, 2022, 9:59:41 PM3/2/22
to Lee Calcote, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1
+1 NB

  - Kerin

Navendu Pottekkat

Mar 2, 2022, 10:40:50 PM3/2/22
to Ganguli, Mrittika, Aditya Chatterjee, Lee Calcote, Huang, Xin1, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev

Aadhitya A

Mar 2, 2022, 10:40:50 PM3/2/22
to Meshery Community, lee.c...@layer5.io, xin1....@intel.com, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev
+1 NB

Congrats Xin! 🎉

Abhijay jain

Mar 2, 2022, 10:59:04 PM3/2/22
to Navendu Pottekkat, Ganguli, Mrittika, Aditya Chatterjee, Lee Calcote, Huang, Xin1, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev
1+ NB

-Abhijay

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meshery Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/meshery.io/d/msgid/community/f4548da0-b88d-43a0-16e2-e57f4a9cb318%40gmail.com.

Hussaina Begum

Mar 2, 2022, 11:07:41 PM3/2/22
to Abhijay jain, Navendu Pottekkat, Ganguli, Mrittika, Aditya Chatterjee, Lee Calcote, Huang, Xin1, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev
+1 binding

--
Visit and engage with the Meshery community in the forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or in Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Hussaina N.

Poussa, Sakari

Pranav Singh

Mar 2, 2022, 11:22:31 PM3/2/22
to Meshery Community, Hussaina Begum, Navendu Pottekkat, Ganguli, Mrittika, aditya.c...@layer5.io, lee.c...@layer5.io, xin1....@intel.com, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, abhij...@gmail.com
+1 NB
- Pranav Singh

PIYUSH SINGARIYA

Mar 2, 2022, 11:37:51 PM3/2/22
to Pranav Singh, Hussaina Begum, Navendu Pottekkat, Ganguli, Mrittika, aditya.c...@layer5.io, lee.c...@layer5.io, xin1....@intel.com, Layer5 Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, abhij...@gmail.com
+1 binding.

--
Visit and engage with the Meshery community in the forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or in Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Best Regards,
Piyush Singariya
Software Engineer | HDFC Life
Phone: +91-9079346009

Otto van der Schaaf

Mar 3, 2022, 3:32:58 AM3/3/22
to Lee Calcote, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1
+1

Adina-Valentina Radulescu

Mar 3, 2022, 5:31:56 AM3/3/22
to Lee Calcote, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1
+1 yea/ya/yes
Adina Rav

On Wed, Mar 2, 2022 at 11:20 PM Lee Calcote <lee.c...@layer5.io> wrote:
--
Visit and engage with other Service Mesh Performance Community in the community forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Hersh Dhillon

Mar 3, 2022, 5:33:26 AM3/3/22
to Adina-Valentina Radulescu, Lee Calcote, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1

Aaditya Narayan Subedy

Mar 3, 2022, 11:41:03 AM3/3/22
to Lee Calcote, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, Meshery Maintainers, Layer5 Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, Service Mesh Performance Community, Nighthawk Maintainers, devel...@getnighthawk.dev, comm...@meshery.io, Huang, Xin1
+1 NB

Roy Christo

Mar 4, 2022, 6:06:27 PM3/4/22
to Hersh Dhillon, Adina-Valentina Radulescu, Huang, Xin1, Layer5 Maintainers, Lee Calcote, Meshery Maintainers, Nighthawk Maintainers, Service Mesh Performance Community, Service Mesh Performance Maintainers, cncf-meshery...@lists.cncf.io, comm...@meshery.io, devel...@getnighthawk.dev
+ 1 Mesh

Visit and engage with the Meshery community in the forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or in Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Meshery Community" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/meshery.io/d/msgid/community/CAJNBhTXTD4SizGc2kn6jcgjwW3mi24%2B9sCZE%2BctSeX0EZ6u37g%40mail.gmail.com.

raphael juwe

Mar 6, 2022, 7:03:37 AM3/6/22