Action items from SMP Community Meeting

Navendu Pottekkat

Aug 26, 2021, 8:37:00 AM8/26/21
to comm...@smp-spec.io, maint...@smp-spec.io, cncf-tag-networ...@lists.cncf.io

Hi,

Just following up on last week's (19th August, Meeting Minutes) SMP Community Meeting.

Here is a recap of last week's meeting:

  • Submitted draft article for IEEE Bridge publication (#223), publisher's review is complete
  • Project charter discussion: Traffic metrics spec levaraging SMI spec

Here are the action items for next week (2nd September):

  • [Otto] Review of and suggestions for changes to the protos (#222)
  • [Otto] Explanation of adaptive load controller as a capability
  • [Navendu] Distributed performance testing and adaptive load control with Nighthawk
  • [Rudraksh] gRPC support for Nighthawk in Nighthawk (#132)
  • Recap: [Rudraksh] GitHub action to run SMP tests in CI/CD pipelines (Repo)

See smp-spec.io/#engage for details on the biweekly meetings.

Hope to see you all on the call next week!

Best,

--
Navendu Pottekkat | Layer5
the service mesh community

Otto van der Schaaf

Aug 30, 2021, 8:29:12 AM8/30/21
to Navendu Pottekkat, comm...@smp-spec.io, maint...@smp-spec.io, cncf-tag-networ...@lists.cncf.io
With respect to "Explanation of adaptive load controller as a capability":

I can do a top level overview; however I have been in touch recently about this, and it is very likely that someone from the team who built the system over at Google will be up for presenting on this a later in september. Should we just defer this to them?

Otto

--
Visit and engage with other Service Mesh Performance Community in the community forum at https://discuss.layer5.io or Slack at https://slack.layer5.io.

Navendu Pottekkat

Sep 1, 2021, 3:37:52 PM9/1/21
to Otto van der Schaaf, comm...@smp-spec.io, maint...@smp-spec.io, cncf-tag-networ...@lists.cncf.io

Yes, It would be great if you could give a top level overview of this. There are many contributors waiting to jump in on this and start working. So, we could surely benefit from this session.

All, we will be kickstarting the work on using custom load controllers in running performance tests this week. If you are interested in contributing to this area (some of you had already signed up to work on GetNighthawk) join the conversation on the SMP Community Meeting on Thursday, September 2nd.

- Best