SMART Data Queue not processing

Janki Shah-Speak

Jan 16, 2022, 9:55:20 AM1/16/22
to SMART Community Forum
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help please.
For the past week I've been unable to process any data from SMART desktop, on two different conservation area's. I've cleaned up any 'Errors' and ' Complete' on SMART Connect, however, this hasn't made a difference. Both desktop app and Smart Connect as version 6.3.0.

I get a popup to say you have x amount of patrols waiting to be processed,  but despite selecting, nothing seems to happen.  I'm worried as I have a significant amount of patrols now waiting to be processed (status Queued on SMART Connect).

Below is the image I get on my Desktop app.
SMART data processing queue.png

Thanks,
Janki

Matt Hron

Jan 19, 2022, 2:38:50 PM1/19/22
to Janki Shah-Speak, SMART Community Forum
Hello Janki,
Can you clarify what you mean when you say you 'cleaned up any Errors and Complete on SMART Connect'?  What errors did you get, and what did you do to clean them up? I suspect that you now have some patrol information in an incomplete state (likely from the December 26 patrol(s)), and it's now unable to process new data because it's unambiguous which patrol it should be associated with. Do the patrols you already processed all have the start and end dates/times you expect? Hopefully correcting any issues with that will allow you to process the corresponding data, but otherwise it might require looking through a lot of the files to figure out what the problem is.

If you can share your error log, that might provide some insight as well.

Regards,
Matt

Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success
Wildlife Protection Solutions
Skype: matthew.hron

Message has been deleted

Matt Hron

Mar 28, 2022, 5:28:31 PM3/28/22
to Tony Lynam, SMART Community Forum
Hello Tony,
I connected with Janki and provided some guidance, but unfortunately there isn't a simple one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to Connect issues. There could be many different causes for issues with not being able to process data from Connect (connectivity, data integrity, Connect server, software bug, etc.), so it's important to dig into the specific errors and try to address the root cause. One key takeaway from this is that you shouldn't just delete items from your data queue when you encounter an error, as this could affect the downstream processing of other data in the queue.

If you encounter an error when processing the data from the Connect data queue, and you're unable to resolve it, please reach out to the community forum and provide relevant error messages and logs. We can connect with the developers to track down the root causes of issues and work to improve the software or develop best practices/documentation to prevent others in the SMART community from encountering similar issues.

Regards,
Matt

On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 10:45 AM Tony Lynam <tly...@wcs.org> wrote:
Hi Matt

Was there a solution provided to them about data queues.  This seems generally to be a problem for Connect users.  We should have some guidance written up on how to manage the issue. There is nothing about this in the new Connect user manual!

Cheers
Tony

Gabriel Banegas

Mar 28, 2022, 7:16:45 PM3/28/22
to SMART Community Forum, Francis Lean Bu - RMP, Nic Bach, Gabriela Ochoa, Diana Fajardo
Hello everyone!!

I hope you're well

I have a problem very similar to Janki's, since last week, my download queue has messages from March 25 without processing and when I try to process them I get warning and error messages, and they keep piling up. Only the patrol start messages and the tracks of each patrol are downloaded, but the observations such as incidents with photographs do not download, only the waypoint points of the patrols, resulting in patrols at the end of the day with a route map but empty without information and no end time.

I have already made the error report as indicated by Matt and WCS Connect technicians have given me their support, however I am concerned that the data still cannot be downloaded since there are many patrols.

I attach some photos and the error file or Log of my SMART Desktop

Thank you very much for any support or help you can give me, to solve this situation.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png