Upgrading SMART Connect

Palmer, Jonathan

Jun 11, 2021, 4:24:23 PM6/11/21
to SMART Software Google Group

In anticipation of SMART 7 we’ve had a few questions recently about upgrading SMART Connect.  Here’s a summary of a recent response I gave:

For locations where they want to incrementally migrate from one version to another, the approach is:

  • Create and configure and new SMART Connect deployment
  • Site by site, change the syncing from the 6 instance to the 7 instance

For locations that want to migrate in one go, they should upgrade the central server.  This will upgrade the CAs on the server.  You then take a clean SMART 7 Desktop and sync with the server to download the CAs in the upgraded database.  The main advantages of this approach is are that in maintains all connect settings, it's typically easy to download a large CA then upload, and the desktop process is a little simpler.