Track in SMART mobile

Chatree ARIYAPHITHAK

Nov 16, 2021, 9:39:13 PM11/16/21
to SMART Community Forum, pjorn...@wcs.org
Dear SMART development team,

I am Chatree from WCS Thailand program. I need to ask for help about SMART collect. For Thailand we have long time patrol (4-7 days/time) and distance from patrol is one of the indicators. So we have the problem of exaggerating distance from track recording by time. Is it possible to add a way to record tracks as distances as in GPS?

Best regards,
Pouy

Alexander Wyatt

Nov 16, 2021, 10:29:46 PM11/16/21
to Chatree ARIYAPHITHAK, SMART Community Forum, pjorn...@wcs.org
Hi Pouy,

The distance should come from the track data in SMART Mobile as with a GPS device.

There may be some procedural changes you can make to prevent this time / distance discrepancy such as when and where a patrol is started and ended. Only starting and ending patrols at the correct location and time. Also, by ensuring the "pause patrol" function is being utilised as required for extended breaks.

Cheers,

Alex