Smart Mobile - export patrol package upload error to device/desktop

Tarik Bodasing

Sep 4, 2021, 2:55:15 PM9/4/21
to SMART Community Forum
Hi all,

I am trying to upload a config model for a second protected area to a device that already has SMART Mobile installed and has an existing model for another protected area. I believe SM is capable of handling several config models on the same device. However, when I try to export the patrol package to the device I get the error "unable to export Cybertracker package Null".

The CA and data model for the new area were created on another laptop. I imported the new CA successfully into my SMART desktop instance. So I am unsure what the error is about.

Please can anyone assist.

Many thanks

Tarik

Denton Joachim

Sep 6, 2021, 4:57:44 AM9/6/21
to SMART Community Forum, tarik...@gmail.com
Hi Tarik

Do you have some pics or error logs to show?

Which version of SMART Mobile are you using? what desktop version are you using? Are you using SMART Connect?

The main thing is device permissions and making sure the file being exported onto the device is a .zip file that can then be read by the device.

Regards

Tarik Bodasing

Sep 6, 2021, 5:58:13 AM9/6/21
to Denton Joachim, SMART Community Forum
Hello Denton

I am using SMART desktop V6.2.3 and SMART Mobile 1.0.276. I am not using SMART Connect.

The .zip file has actually imported into the internal storage of the smartphone (attached picture) but I cannot see it as a new project when I open SMART mobile.

After the direct to device option, I tried exporting the patrol package to desktop but that failed with the "cybertracker null" error.

Device was set to transfer files and patrol export was a .zip file.

I will send a picture of the error asap.

Thanks

Regards
Tarik
20210906_095000.jpg

Denton Joachim

Sep 6, 2021, 6:27:52 AM9/6/21
to SMART Community Forum, tarik...@gmail.com, SMART Community Forum, Denton Joachim
Ok thanks Tarik

There is a newer version of SMART Mobile (did you get this apk file via email or did you download it from Google Play store?) so we can try that. And then maybe upgrade to version 630 of SMART desktop?

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards

Tarik Bodasing

Sep 6, 2021, 6:45:39 AM9/6/21
to Denton Joachim, SMART Community Forum
Hi Denton,

The apk file was already installed to the device and it had an existing data model for another conservation area. This model appears  in SMART mobile and works fine. All of this was done in V6.2.3. I was trying to import the patrol package for a second CA onto the same device and this is where I encountered the problem.

I could also remove the initial CA model from the device and then try that but was hoping to have both models on it.

Thanks

Tarik

Denton Joachim

Sep 8, 2021, 6:57:20 AM9/8/21
to SMART Community Forum, tarik...@gmail.com, SMART Community Forum, Denton Joachim
Ok and that second CA, is that also v6.2.3? And are you using SMART Connect?

Tarik Bodasing

Sep 9, 2021, 5:40:46 AM9/9/21
to Denton Joachim, SMART Community Forum
Hi Denton,

Apologies, just in the field. I am not using SMART Connect. And yes, the second CA zip file was created in V6.2.3. Please see attached the error.
Really stuck on this...tried on another device and got the same error.

Regards
Tarik

20210907_190132.jpg

Leal, Danniely

Sep 9, 2021, 8:28:29 AM9/9/21
to Tarik Bodasing, Denton Joachim, SMART Community Forum
Hola es un problema de coordenadas, el mapa que estás usando esta en coordenadas planas UTM, cambia a geográfica, creo que se resuelve el error..