SMART Mobile Config Model upload error

Peter Hamming

Oct 15, 2020, 6:20:29 AM10/15/20
to SMART Community Forum
Dear Forum

I have been trying to upload a config model onto SMART mobile and got an error stating: Unable to export cybertracker package; Attachment file not set. You must first call computeFileLocaion.
I have tried uploading to the desktop and to a BW device and both produced the same error.

Any ideas

Regards

Peter Hamming

Assistant Researcher: Applied Learning Unit

cid:image005.png@01D661CC.E307F320

T   +27 (0) 15 793 7300

DL +27 (0) 15 793 7397

+27 (0) 72 628 2360

pham...@sawc.org.za

www.wildlifecollege.co.za

cid:image012.png@01D661CC.E307F320 cid:image013.png@01D661CC.E307F320 cid:image014.png@01D661CC.E307F320 cid:image015.png@01D661CC.E307F320

 Private Bag X3105

Hoedspruit 1380, South Africa

Directions

Please consider the environment before you print this!

CONFIDENTIALITY

The information contained in and attached to this message id confidential and for use of the intended recipient. If you receive this transmission in error you are not entitled to disseminate copy or use the contents in any way. In such circumstances, please forward the message back to the sender or to the Southern African Wildlife College by emailing in...@sawc.org.za.

Julio Maaz

Oct 16, 2020, 12:27:10 AM10/16/20
to Peter Hamming, SMART Community Forum
Hi Peter,
Are you using the same computer you used to create the configurable data model? or did you create the configurable data model in one computer, uploaded to connect then synchronized to the computer you are using to export to a mobile device? If it's the latter, I recommend that you export the configurable data model then import on the computer you intend to use to copy the file to the mobile device.

Julio R. Maaz
501-637-8225

Frontier Team

Nov 6, 2020, 2:20:47 AM11/6/20
to SMART Community Forum, pham...@wildlifecollege.org.za
Hi Julio,

I am having the same issue. Could you explain why exporting the CM on a different machine to the one on which the CM was first created would be a problem?

We haven't had this issue before. The only thing that has changed between the last CM export and now is that we have added image icons to all the wildlife and vegetation species.

Thank you,
Andrew.

Rob Thomson

Oct 18, 2021, 11:59:00 AM10/18/21
to SMART Community Forum, Frontier Team, Peter Hamming
Hi,
Did you get an answer regarding errors when uploading models onto SMART mobile? I seem to now have the same issue.

Thanks,

Rob

Matt Hron

Oct 18, 2021, 5:46:53 PM10/18/21
to Rob Thomson, SMART Community Forum, Frontier Team, Peter Hamming
Peter or Rob,
Could you share the following information to assist with troubleshooting?
1. Which version of SMART Mobile you are using
2. The error log (Help > View Error Log)
3. A screenshot of what you have configured on the 'Export SMART Mobile Patrol Package' window

I can follow up to see if we can determine what is causing this problem.

Regards,
Matt

--
Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success

Matt Hron

Nov 10, 2021, 1:26:15 PM11/10/21
to Rob Thomson, SMART Community Forum, Frontier Team, Peter Hamming
Hi everyone,
I was able to dig into one example of this, and I found that the error was caused by using icons that aren't in a supported format (.jpg). SMART Mobile only supports using .png or .svg image file formats, so to correct this we just needed to convert the icon files from .jpg to .png and update them in the data model/configurable models.

Please let me know if you still encounter any issues with this after switching the icons to a supported file type.

Regards,
Matt

Daniel van der Post

Nov 10, 2021, 1:29:19 PM11/10/21
to Matt Hron, Rob Thomson, SMART Community Forum, Frontier Team, Peter Hamming
Thank Matt. I am going to try that.

--
Daniel van der Post
d.j.van...@gmail.com

Want to help conserve critically endangered monkeys and birds, or just want to help restore forest and mitigate climate change? Check out  Fundacion Biodiversa Colombia