Cybertracker and SMART 7

clarine kigoli

Jun 2, 2021, 10:27:14 AM6/2/21
to Jonathan Palmer, Community Forum
Dear Jonathan,

Is cybertracker going to be compatible with SMART 7 or it will be phased out?

Kind regards,
Clarine

Palmer, Jonathan

Jun 2, 2021, 10:50:22 AM6/2/21
to clarine kigoli, Community Forum

We’ve been encouraging people to move to SMART Mobile since we release it with SMART 6.

There were a small number of features in CyberTracker that weren’t fully available in the initial SMART 6 release.  These are now included in the SMART 7 release.

SMART Mobile also includes a number of features not previously available in CyberTracker  - including richer maps and conditional data entry.

We’ll continue to support CyberTracker with SMART 7 Desktop  - but encourage everyone to start planning to move over.  Your field teams will love SMART Mobile.

Direct upload via SMART Connect will only work with SMART Mobile; it will not work with CyberTracker.

We haven’t decided on an end of life date for CyberTracker with SMART 7 Desktop.  The developer has asked we strongly encourage people to move over to SMART Mobile if they have any issues with CyberTracker – spending time solving one issue for one site in CyberTracker takes time away from enhancing SMART Mobile for the thousands of rangers already using this in the field today – so we hope everyone will do their bit to get everyone on SMART Mobile.

Jonathan

Jun 2, 2021, 8:30:22 PM6/2/21
to Palmer, Jonathan, clarine kigoli, Community Forum
Saludos comunidad, nosotros en SIGAP - Guatemala, migramos a la herramienta Smart Mobile y hemos logrado una efectividad en campo de un 90% estamos utilizado la versión 1.0.350.
Les recomendamos migrar a Smart Mobile y deseamos con ansias usar Smart 7.