Ecological monitoring and reporting?

Rob Thomson

Sep 1, 2021, 9:54:57 AM9/1/21
to SMART Community Forum

OK, introductory post… with questions.

We’re looking at the possibility of using a number of “field assistants” gathering various data (ecological, HWC, etc) on a part time basis using phones/tablets. These will be downloaded initially to a local hub (office) which will periodically send the data on to a central database. Each local hub needs to be able to easily generate its own reports - graphs, maps, etc. to feed back to those involved, and will retain all their own data permanently. There probably won’t be any anti-poaching components to this, the contributors will not be employees, and it will not be operated in the fixed confines of a park/reserve.

I could probably manage the local hubs purely with Cybertracker, but I’ve always found the reporting system a bit limited, and I’m wondering if SMART might be a reasonable alternative.

Many thanks,

Rob

Bergl, Richard

Sep 1, 2021, 10:12:03 AM9/1/21
to Rob Thomson, SMART Community Forum
Hi Rob,

SMART and SMART Connect would be ideal for what you describe and offer significant advantages over stand-alone cybertracker.  Happy to discuss in more detail what this would look like on a call if that is helpful.

Rich