Reseting administrator user SMART Connect

Guido Saborio

May 18, 2021, 7:35:55 AM5/18/21
to SMART Community Forum
Hello everyone,

I installed SMART Connect, I am using Tomcat 9.0.46 and posgresql13, but was having some problems exporting my Desktop Conservation Area into Connect.

Then, I decided to drop my smart database in Postgresql and create a new one. All seems to be working now, but when I access server/connect/home, I am directed to a "sign in option for users" page, not the page to set up my administrator account.

I deleted the "work" folder, as well as server.war and server folder, into Tomcat.  Deleted cache memory in my browser and deploy the server.war again, but I am still facing the same problem.

How can I reset/define the administrator user again?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Guido

--
M.Sc. Guido Saborío R.
Biólogo

Matt Hron

May 19, 2021, 11:20:57 AM5/19/21
to Guido Saborio, SMART Community Forum
Hello Guido,
Are you able to sign in with the admin account you originally created? If so, you should be able to go to User Accounts and create whatever other admin account you want to use.

Regards,
Matt

Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success
Wildlife Protection Solutions
Skype: matthew.hron

Guido Saborio

May 19, 2021, 11:36:15 AM5/19/21
to Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hi Matt,

No, I cannot access using my original admin account, which makes sense since I create a new smart database in postgreSQL.

The problem is that Smart Connect is not recognizing this as "the first access" and then is not redirecting me to the page to set up my admin account. That´s why I thought deleting the cache memory of my browser and deleting the "work" folder into Tomcat would solve the problem, but it didn´t.

Any ideas?

Guido

Palmer, Jonathan

May 21, 2021, 11:18:36 AM5/21/21
to Guido Saborio, Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum

We’ll take this offline to see if we can identify a solution.

Jonathan

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 5:35 AM Guido Saborio <guido.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I installed SMART Connect, I am using Tomcat 9.0.46 and posgresql13, but was having some problems exporting my Desktop Conservation Area into Connect.

Then, I decided to drop my smart database in Postgresql and create a new one. All seems to be working now, but when I access server/connect/home, I am directed to a "sign in option for users" page, not the page to set up my administrator account.

I deleted the "work" folder, as well as server.war and server folder, into Tomcat.  Deleted cache memory in my browser and deploy the server.war again, but I am still facing the same problem.

How can I reset/define the administrator user again?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Guido

--

M.Sc. Guido Saborío R.