kaluba tembo

Sep 4, 2021, 1:05:47 PMSep 4
to Community Forum
Hi everyone,

I have a concern, our conservation area conflicts often (2-4 times in a month). What might be causing that and how can we avoid it?

Thank you,
Kaluba

Bergl, Richard

Sep 4, 2021, 1:08:06 PMSep 4
to kaluba tembo, Community Forum
The most obvious cause is edits being made to the same data (e.g. a patrol) on different computers without synching.  Can you describe how you are using connect?

Sep 4, 2021, 1:14:24 PMSep 4
to Bergl, Richard, Community Forum
Hi!

We have different users (4) operating on the same computer (e.g editing patrols and downloading) and syncing is done every time a user logs out. That's how it's been used....

Bergl, Richard

Sep 4, 2021, 1:20:36 PMSep 4
to kaluba tembo, Community Forum
Ok, it's strange you ate getting synch errors with only one computer being used. Can you send screen shots of the error or a copy of the log file?

Sep 4, 2021, 2:19:58 PMSep 4
to Bergl, Richard, Community Forum

Attached are the errors that pop up often and the resent one says we don't have enough space, when we have more than enough.
Kindly explain what might be causing each error attached so that we can avoid it. And we we have being experiencing some network issues..
IMG_20210827_164910_790.jpg
IMG_20210904_191801_497.jpg

kaluba tembo

Sep 4, 2021, 2:20:44 PMSep 4
to Bergl, Richard, Community Forum
That one
IMG-20210904-WA0004.jpg

kaluba tembo

Sep 4, 2021, 2:23:27 PMSep 4
to Bergl, Richard, Community Forum
Last ones

On Sat, Sep 4, 2021, 8:19 PM kaluba tembo <ktmi...@gmail.com> wrote:
IMG_20210808_085130_007.jpg
IMG_20210805_124512_206.jpg

Denton Joachim

Sep 6, 2021, 4:55:32 AMSep 6
to SMART Community Forum, ktmi...@gmail.com, Community Forum, rua...@gmail.com
Hi Kaluba

I suggest you create a syncing workflow or schedule. That way different people know when and what to sync because otherwise these errors will continue.
Hope that helps in order to avoid these going forward. Try first to determine the most up-to-date CA, have that loaded to Connect then downloads to each computer one at a time. Make sure obviously have the new patrols added etc (so make sure the CA on Connect is the most up-to-date.

Draw a line in the sand at this point and then update each laptop. Make sure the schedule is stuck to going forward.

Regards

kaluba tembo

Sep 6, 2021, 5:40:26 AMSep 6
to Denton Joachim, SMART Community Forum, rua...@gmail.com