SMART Basemap Utility

Debby Thomson - Bushveld Connections

May 6, 2019, 11:38:03 AM5/6/19
to SMART Software Google Group
Has anyone had any experience using the SMART Basemap `utility (https://rtbecard.shinyapps.io/smart_basemaputilities/)  to get satellite images to sit below the maps (shape files) imported into Smart.    What projection is the Basemap utility using to create the maps?    I have been battling to get the resultant basemap to match up correctly with my shape files and `I have tried a number of different projections to date?

Anybody able to assist either with the projections used in the baseman utility or a suitable alternative to create geotagged images that can match up with the imported shapefiles into them map perspective of SMART.

Many thanks
Debby

Silvia saldivar bellassai

Sep 1, 2021, 4:35:56 PM9/1/21
to SMART Community Forum, in...@bushveldconnections.co.za
same here, any help?

lili sadikin

Sep 2, 2021, 7:14:49 AM9/2/21
to Silvia saldivar bellassai, SMART Community Forum, in...@bushveldconnections.co.za
Was you try SAS planet?

Denton Joachim

Sep 6, 2021, 4:51:05 AM9/6/21
to SMART Community Forum, ariess...@gmail.com, SMART Community Forum, in...@bushveldconnections.co.za, ikisa...@gmail.com
Hi All

Check in the way the images are exported and save to make sure they carry the projection or the georeferenced information. You want to try and save it with WGS84 which is un-projected but sits spatially in the correct place. If you keep it in a geographic coordinate system then easier to share and view without complications.

If it doesn't work then try add the raster to QGIS software and see where it sits spatially. That way you can re-save it in the correct coordinate system and then add it into SMART. Let me know if you need video (instructional video) assistance.

Regards